For Christmas or any other holidays that deserves a cookie. Like, all of them!
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 and a half t. baking soda dissolved in 2 T. milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 and a half t. cream of tartar
- about 5 c. flour
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla, milk & soda, and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients with about 3 c. of the flour, and add to wet ingredients. Combine.
- Add extra flour, just enough to be easily rolled.
- Put in fridge to chill.
- Roll to your desired thickness, and cut out desired shapes. Keep the dough you're not working with in the fridge to keep chilly.
Bake it baby:
- 400 degree oven
- about 6-8 minutes
- 1/4 lb. butter (room temp.)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 lb. confectioner's sugar
- Combine ingredients, except the milk.
- Add the milk, little bits at a time (like a tablespoon or less at a time) until it's a good spreading consistency.