- Happy Birthday, Hols. You are getting old.
- We're having an ice event here. One-quarter of an inch is predicted, and it's already pretty icy out there. Three years ago we lost power for a week and had to spend time in a hotel with 1-yr-old Jerry due to an ice event. The worst part is that Gerald will probably have to work on Saturday which always sucks a big one, but is even worse because Saturday is his birthday.
- My playdate turned out good but started out funny. When I arrived there was a babysitter there watching the children. Odd. Linda (the mommy) had tried calling to say she had somewhere to be, but I was already off to see the midwives. But she finally arrived, we had tea, and the boys played nicely. I think we'll set up another playdate next week sometime at my house. About Linda: she's going through a yucky divorce, had two really really cute (i mean abercrombie-cute) college age yard guys tending her yard while I was there, and is much older than she looks.
- I didn't tell you all (y'all) before, but when I first met my new friend she started breastfeeding her 14 mo. old -- in public! I knew it was a match made in attachment parenting heaven. You just don't come across those folks by chance very often. If only she would have been wearing a sling...
- Last night we watched the Grinch. It was pretty fun for Jerry. He was a little dissappointed because in the book the line is "he called his dog Max, he took some RED thread and he tied a big horn on the top of his head." The movie says BLACK thread for some reason. Actually lots of the words are different, I don't know why that's the one he noticed.
- So we watched the Grinch, brushed teeth, read books, then I laid with Jerry in his bed - AND FELL ASLEEP UNTIL 11PM! I was pissed because I finally realized that Alias is now on Wednesday night and I was totally going to watch it (Vaughan is back, apparently) and I slept right through. It's a good thing I have an Alias connection. Its also a good thing that Veronica was a rerun because I would have been double pissed. Liked, pissed pissed.
- I am gestating. I am 29 weeks along as of yesterday.
- Yesterday we put up our tree. Jerry danced around it singing: "Our Christmas tree is love-ly, Our Christmas tree is love-ly." It was cute. Perhaps today we'll put the decorations on. He used to call them decelations.
- One more thing about Jerry and then I'm done. The other day he was playing at the kitchen table and I swear he was saying: The Golden Crap! The Golden Crap! I have no idea where it came from. So yesterday when I had all the peanut butter balls sitting on the kitchen table I couldn't help thinking he had been foreshadowing their appearance in our lives. Peanut Butter Balls = Golden Crap! Eureka!
- I should have ten things, right? Right! So good day to you! I love you all! Peace out.
Thursday, December 15, 2005
one two three
Posted by Mandy at 7:11 AM