- Years go by very fast.
- Using the term "graphic novel" is usually better than saying "comic book."
- Watching football with my husband and son is enjoyable.
- Knitting makes me happy. Yarn and fabric make me extremely happy.
- I should have gone to school for design.
- Boys will be boys.
- Slipcovers are hard to make, and they should be left for the professionals.
- There are always more bills in December. I should try to remember this lesson for next year.
- Blogs are good because I can keep in touch with my peeps.
- Being pregnant is pretty exciting, even if you weren't really excited about it to begin with.
- Having a husband who supports even your craziest notions is perhaps the best blessing in the whole damn world.
- If you are committed to a daily exercise regimen, you will feel better about your body and maybe even lose weight.
- Costco doesn't develop photos well.
- If a movie you want to see gets horrible reviews, you should go see it anyway. You might enjoy yourself.
- Atomic clocks, created by some really smart people, keep more accurate time than the heavens.
- Knitting cables is so effing easy.
- When you prune a fig tree, new growth will appear the next year but no figs will grow on the new growth.
- If you make your bed first thing in the morning, your day will be a little better than if you don't.
- Knitting things on double-pointed needles impresses non-knitters a lot.
- Getting older is not that bad. Unless you're like, 97 going on 98, and you couldn't remember how old you were. Then I think it would be kind of depressing.
- Things always seem to come full-circle, and in a way, that is comforting.
Sunday, January 01, 2006
some (un)important things I learned in twenty-naught-five
Posted by Mandy at 11:21 AM