Tuesday, December 27, 2005

oh, the hat!

I've knit and felted a hat for my Auntie Linda. I wish I had taken a picture of the pre-felted monstrosity, but alas there is no turning back the clock, especially with felting. I just plain forgot.

So I bought this styrofoam head from the craft store to help me along with this project. I figured it would save me from putting a soaking mass of wet/stinky wool on my head. I put it on my head anyway, to see if the head was working. Turns out my head is large. I measured. My head is about 23" around at the crown. The head form is 20.5" around.

Here's to hoping Auntie Linda is a little more average than I am. I'm assuming she is, since she's not as tall as me.



I plan on giving you all the details of our Christmas weekend festivities, just not yet. I know you're all dying to know more about that tea pot merrily sitting on my (husband's) stove in the background of the photo. You'll just have to wait until I'm ready.

Good day. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sarah said...

what a great mod hat.

Mandy said...

why, thank you. does it really look mod? i figure when my aunt wears it, it will be somewhat middle-income-suburbia-soccer-mom-ish.

she's not a soccer-mom yet, but she will be soon.

H-SPO said...

maybe it was a typo and sarah meant that it was a great "mom" hat.

H-SPO said...

the look on jerry's face is killing me.

Sarah said...

it really does look mod. Like carnaby streer circa '67.

P.S., I went to JoAnn's today and got the stuff to finish your present....

Sarah said...

streeT. Carnaby Street.

I don't even really know what that is, I've just heard my mom say it.