Friday, November 18, 2005

Houseplants, and other important topics.

Knitting News
  • I've got that big bad bag knit that I'm going to felt, but for the straps. It is daunting. Almost daunting enough not to finish. It might be because I don't have proper stitch holders, and that scares me. Not like I can't come up with something ingenius to hold the damn things. It's just daunting. And I feel like changing the pattern a bit so that the straps taper at the top to an i-cord, so I'm creating the "daunting" myself. Oh, and of course there's not enough yarn of the intended color to do what I really want. So should I drive the 20 minutes to the yarn store to spend $5 on another skein, or use what I have? AAAAaHHHHhfhdafhdajkgha. It's driving me mad.
  • Have you discovered SSK? I love it way more than K2tog. It's more fun to execute.
  • Things are coming along nicely on my gift list...until I look at my list of "items still to knit." Yikes. Yikes. Yikes. And I still don't have really good ideas for the men on the list.
Jerry News
  • Jerry knows how to rhyme. My mom says this is a good step in learning to read. He also can recall stories that we read. For example, I'll read a library book once or twice to him and then if I listen to him closely, he'll be reciting the book nearly word for word while he's doing something random like playing with Legos. This is also something that kids should be able to do before they learn to read, according to my mom.
Houseplant News
  • When I was doing my internship, my boss lady gave me a nice little houseplant after our big event that we put on. That was a long time ago. I can't remember what the plant is called and if I think about it too much it will drive me crazy so I'm not going to. Anyway, it flowers every once in a while, about two times a year. I was expecting it to bloom in early September and it didn't. It's finally blooming now, but only after my mom visited and gave it some TLC.
  • I used to have a bromeliad, but I killed it.
Television News
  • Holy crap. Lost was really really good on Wednesday night. Gerald was right on from the beginning with the creepy "other" guy.
  • Holy double crap. Veronica Mars was totally the best. Probably because Mr. Logan Echolls was in fine form. Hilarious. But I miss Wallace. Duncan was an okay sidekick for the first time and did a pretty good job at crimefighting, but Wallace is the man. I hope he's not gone forever.
  • Don't forget about Gray's Anatomy, which is always good.
  • If you're still not watching these shows, then you're not watching enough television.
Breakfast News
  • Jerry wants pancakes, and he wants them now. The only way to get him to stop whining is to go ahead and make them.
  • Yum, they were so tasty.
Gambling News
  • We still haven't won the lottery.
  • If we ever did win you wouldn't see us on tv holding a giant check.
  • Gerald would be the first one I'd tell.
  • Then I would go buy a truck.
  • And I would fill the truck with yarn.
Travel News
  • Jerry and I are headed to B-lo for Thanksgiving.
  • I hope it snows.
  • There's lots planned during the week. Wedding shower, wedding dress shopping, spa-going, movie-going, Plant-eating, visiting. Of course there's also the turkey and all the fixings.
  • Still haven't decided if I'll be partaking in the annual gathering of fellow graduates of my high school at the local bar. The main reason to go is because I'm pregnant, which probably freaks a bunch of those folks out. That would be fun. The main reason to not go is because I can't for the life of me remember anyone's name, and I don't care, and I don't really want to talk to them and if you're there you have to be cordial.
Congratulations are in order if you've made it this far. Now get to work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on Vacation and just realized that we forgot to tell our housesitter to water the houseplants. uh-oh.

Anne said...

I think it's illegal to go to a high school reunion if you're on the wagon - or at best, inadvisable

Anne said...

RE knitting ideas - the other day, I saw a basketful of miniature knitted sock monkeys in an upscale boutique - i wnated to buy several, but didn't, but they've been haunting me, so I plan to go back and get some. I don't think, for a master-knitter like you - that they would be hard to fabricate -