Saturday, August 06, 2005

i am going to see Dukes of Hazzard

But first things first. Posted by Picasa

I got this yarn at the farmer's market today. Two hundred twenty yard of delicious corriadale wool, from a farm just down the street. She dye's it herself! Once I find the perfect pattern for a sweater for Jerry, I'll buy the yarn from her. And Courtney, once you start knitting you'll realize just how exciting wool actually is. I'll give you until the winter to learn how to knit, but then there will be no excuses.

Regarding Saturday movie night. After much deliberation I have decided to go see Dukes of Hazzard. For some silly reason I was relying on all those horrible reviews to guide my decision-making. Not any more. I'm going to see it tonight because: there will be lots of people in the theater, which always makes for more enjoyable movie-watching; I need a good excuse to eat sour patch kids; I like Jessica Simpson; I love Willie Nelson; I don't need to make any more excuses to see a movie; oh, and all the other movies I've read about that I want to see are not playing anywhere around my podunk town.

And just for the record (even though everything I say is actually for the record), I've seen March of the Penguins - the sleeper hit of the summer. Blah blah blah. For a more touching, more real, and more delightful movie, go see Mad Hot Ballroom.

And also for the record. Jerry is in his "pool" with his father and I can see both their butt cracks. I love those guys.

No comments: