Thursday, August 04, 2005

blanket: impossible

Today brings about the second attempt at the blanket, and it's going surprisingly well. Yesterday I spent a while searching for the other skeins of that wonderful green yarn. When I found them, I remembered that when I started the other blanket using this yarn, I had used two strands held together. It looked much better. So I ripped up both yesterday's blanket and the blanket of months ago and started anew, casting on only 76 sts (150!? What was I thinking - baby giant?). This time I am using flexi bamboo's though, as opposed to those aluminium (*gasp*) circulars. A big step forward.

You know, I went to the yarn store yesterday. I was looking for #10 24" circularios. They didn't have them, of course, so they proceeded to encourage me to buy the Denise Interchangeables. I've never fallen for it, because I just like bamboos so damn much, yet I've always considered the money saving possibilities of such a set. But yesterday I got the yarn store lady to confess: they don't knit the same as or as well as the bamboos. I will never buy the Denise Interchangeables. Furthermore, I will never be tempted even if it will save me money in the long run.

One more thing. Oh, nevermind. Bye.

No comments: