Tuesday, July 26, 2005

fiver

  1. Harry Potter. I've been catching up on all the books so that I can start The Half-Blood Prince, which I bought at WalMart for $15.87.
  2. Bill of Rights. In particular, Amendment I which allows me, and others of course, the freedom of speech among other things.
    Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Because, dude, when I was at the used book store buying earlier copies of Harry Potter which I had read but did not yet own, some woman gave me the business and I am proud to say I gave her the business right back. When I picked up the book, she said, "You read that?" And I said, "Yes." And she shook her head at me and huffed at me. I was so pissed, but I didn't say anything. Then a few minutes later I heard her telling her son not to touch the book and she would never allow him to hold that book in his hands and never let him bring the book into their home. I couldn't resist. I said, "Are you referring to Harry Potter?" And she said, "Well, I'm a Christian." She was just so mean and patronizing. So I continued to tell her that she could keep her opinions to herself, and while I respect her right to choose/prohibit books for her own children, she has no right to criticize my choice of books. So I'm left wondering what kind of Christian woman could have such a streak of rudeness and meannes in her? And what is she trying to teach her child? And the thing I really want to know, HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BOOK? Probably not. I'm thankful for my right as an American to choose any kind of book I want.
  3. Lance Armstrong. Sad the tour is over. Glad I watched it. Learned a lot about cycling.
  4. Raisin Bran. Very helpful at fending off morning sickness. ; )
  5. Heat Index. It's so damn hot. I sit in the lawn chair while Jerry plays in his plastic pool in the back yard and I feel like I'm going to melt. Therefore, besides my morning walk, I've been staying inside a lot.

No comments: