- The Hand Cake. "What is a hand cake?" you ask. Well somewhere along the line Jerry must have seen a cake shaped as a hand, and has wanted one ever since. So my husband, who doesn't bake, spent Sunday baking a cake, shaping it into a hand, and frosting it with cream cheese frosting. But he didn't stop there.
- Sprinkles. Jerry also seems to think that all cakes need sprinkles, so be that as it may, the Hand Cake was also adorned with sprinkles. It was perfect.
- Vacuumed Floors. While it is not monumental for MDH (my darling husband) to vacuum, it was really outstanding that he had vacuumed the house before we came home. See I have this thing that when I come home after a vacation where I get all annoyed if things are messy or unorganized. I was pleasantly surprised to find a tidy house, and I didn't get all annoyed.
- Supper on the Table. Only ten minutes after we arrived home, a delicious hot supper was on the table. Roasted chicken, rice, cauliflower. What planning.
- Never Making a Hand Cake Again - Maybe. MDH hoped that by next year, Jerry will have outgrown the need for another Hand Cake. The thing is, and the reason this is a Top 5, is if Jerry wants another Hand Cake for his birthday, I betcha my husband will make one. What mother could ask for anything more?
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
When I came home yesterday...
...there were way more than five good things that my husband had done for us. Here are some highlights.
Posted by Mandy at 9:14 AM